A & m Texas quail taking long to feather out

Broodermy

Chirping
Jul 6, 2019
I have 10 2 week old jumbo coturnix quail. 3 of gem are A&M Texas quail. The brown coturnix have already feathered out bu the A&M's still have a little to go. Is this normal? Tks:)

So they are still yellow? Mine are 10 days old and already almost white. Every time when I've head a problem with feathers I would give them a warm bath, place immediately under the lamp to dry and then put a sand box in the brooder. But I'm not an expert...

So they are still yellow? Mine are 10 days old and already almost white. Every time when I've head a problem with feathers I would give them a warm bath, place immediately under the lamp to dry and then put a sand box in the brooder. But I'm not an expert...
No they are white but the neck and chest are still a little yellow compared to the brown quail. They are just a little slower in developing tks. :)

But when did you take him off the heat please? is 3 weeks ok? The temps at night are around 65f tks
At 4 weeks they had no heat on them. It was 70 or so in their area. I have 2 3 week old jumbo browns currently with no heat on them either and it's 72 to 75 inside.

Back
Top Bottom