A Muscovie's Hiss and other camera hogs...

MysticalMom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
I thought some of you might enjoy this... my Muscovy Male, Gerry (short for Geronimo) hissing away at me (he always thinks I have food) while my Appleyard/Khaki cross tries to steal the limelight and is thwarted in his attempt by The Camera Hog.

hehe thats so cute... haha camrea hog!! You have a very pretty place there..... oh i wish i could visit America now!!!.......

hit.gif
I miss my scovies

Cute video though....scovies are so awesome toony birds lol

Thanks you guys. I am a first year duck owner and already am hooked! I love all my ducks, but the muscovy are definitely my favorites. My female muscovy is laying in her box and should start setting ANY day!! Our farm is a 260 acre Christmas tree farm. We lack a good pond, (even though the ducks love to play in the streams and creek) but a nice pond is being dug and will be ready ( I HOPE!) by summer. My ducks never fail to make me smile. Even on the dreariest of days.

And look what I JUST got to join the ever growing flock, 2 rouens and 2 black swedish. And 4 more pure Appleyards will be here next month. It's a sickness I tell ya. A sickness.

35720_babys.jpg

Just don't be suprized if your mommy duck is a lil witchy when they hatch. My sweetheart of a female that was a lapduck turned witchy like she did not even know me when she had her babies and attacked my husband when he had to take her last baby away cause daddy duck tried to eat it (like he did the rest of the babys).

My Mommy Duck isn't very social anyway. She's very quiet compared to the others and lets the male do all the talking for her. If you noticed in the video, she gets close, but not too close. I don't think she loves us as much as the daddy duck. We have a space separated off in the duck enclosure for the new 'Scovy Mommy and her brood. That way when the babies hatch she can have some time by herself with her babies and the babies don't have to worry about the other ducks hurting them. It's separate, but she can still see the rest of her duck family . I don't know if this is really necessary, just seemed like a good idea, and I had the room to do it, so I did it.
tongue.png

That is a cyoooot video!! So he is hissing and he is happy? I thought they hissed when they were mad? My three are girls they all just WAKK at the top of their lungs!

Back
Top Bottom