A New Duck Problem with an older duck

Rosewarrior

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Hi!
I have a problem, I have a 3 year old Welsh Harlequin female and I would like some more ducklings to my flock of one.
She is a house pet and she has been spoiled her whole life. She had 3 sisters but they all died, 2 due to poor breeding, the other our stupidity. We have learned from our mistakes. No ducklings in the laundry basket!!!

Anyways, my April has some mothering instincts which I am praying that she will mother the new ducklings.
I have not bought them yet, I'm still toying with the idea. I wanted to know your guys' opinions.

I want to get more Welsh Harlequin ducks, but I was thinking about other high laying breeds. No Khaki's though, I still have painful memories about my sweet couple when they were taken by a fox.

I want 1 drake and 3 hen ducklings.

What do you think?
What high laying breeds would you recommend?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Rosewarrior

For breed, what about Buff Orpington?

And as far as how she will act, it is up to her. She may identify more as a human than as a duck. I suppose these could be her pet ducks, though.

Thank you for responding. I think she might act like they are her "pets" she loves her eggs, so I think she may take wel to little ducklings roaming the house too.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom