a new hen on the block

I decided to join since I am always checking the sight to learn how to raise my hens and chicks. Got my first egg and very excited :)
welcome-byc.gif
from east central LA.

I have barrock, rhode island red, califonia white, red sexlink, Americana, and 2 that I don't know the breed

I have barrock, rhode island red, califonia white, red sexlink, Americana, and 2 that I don't know the breed
If you can get us a picture of the ones that you ca't identify, maybe some of us can help you out, I used this site to identify a couple of mine, just worlds of knowledgable people here, i also have or had many of the breeds you have, i have had to cull some roosters but have plenty of different pullets and hens, between 60 and 70 total, check the forums and go to the chicken breed and gender thread and post pictures of your birds you want to identify. Many, Many experts follow that thread
caf.gif

Just to let you know, you have many knowledgable chicken people, wonderful people near you, within a few miles of you that are on the Louisiana Chicken Peeps thread, they will be a great assett to you. Be sure to follow us, as they have your local scoop.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a really good bunch or layers. Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. If you would like to know the breed of your other two, just post pics (full body profiles showing head, legs, and tails is preferable) and we can help you ID them. Also you might want to post them on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there take a look at them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting loads more eggs.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom