A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Paddock Joy gave me some soap and I was hooked. She gave me a recipe and supply list and that was in Sept last year. I quickly got on line and read up and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Buff here is that site where I bought the Chamomille Flowers. They also have lavender
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/wholchamflow.html

Here is a test batch Recipe that I use for 2 lb of soap
10oz of Coconut Oil
10oz of Olive Oil
10 oz of Palm Oil
2 oz of Castor Oil

11.5 oz water
4. 4 oz of Lye

I add one oz ofShe butter melted at Trace. If you don't know what trace it Google soap trace and go to about.come. They have a very good tutorial and a good small recipe

Never add water to lye. Always add lye to water

I generally combine mine when the oils and they lye are within 10 degrees of each other. About 100 to 110 degrees.

I am sure you could find another oil if you are allergic to Coconut. Maybe try lard in place of it.. I mixed two fragrances together in the Coconut/Lime was one and the Bergomot and white tea another.

Ok. Got chamomile and also some lavender ordered. How have you used lavender?? I was thinking maybe lavender and vanilla??

See this is why I was hesitant to get started. I cant go simple I jump in with both feet. All out! Hahhaah

Last edited:
I've made one not very successful batch of soap, and I'll try more; but I'd like to share a mold idea that I found. Hobby Lobby and Micheal's both have unpainted wood objects that you can decorate. I found a lidded wooden box at one of them that made a perfect soap mold. I think the box is about 9 x 12 inches and about 4 inches deep. It is labeled as a "decoupage memory box". It only cost about $7, so it is a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom