A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Quote:
wee.gif
wee.gif
YEEEAAAHHHH!!!
I didn't get to make any this past weekend so I hope to get to soap this weekend too

please join us.. its a new place , we need buyers and sellers..;thanks guys
You shouldn't have to pay before you sell!

No listing fees
Other artisan sites charge $0.20 or more per listed item. This can quickly add up for assorted or low priced items. On Yatimi there is no listing fee.
No monthly fees
Other artisan sites charge $9.95 to $19.95 per month for a "Premium" account to list more than a handful of products or make those products more visible. On Yatimi we don't try to upsell you to a premium account. All such "premium" features are made available to all sellers on Yatimi without any monthly fee!
No listing limit
Some sites limit "basic" accounts to a maximum of 10 or 50 listings. On Yatimi you can list as many items as you would like for free.
All you pay is a flat 25 cents commission after the sale of each product!

Well this thread needs a bit of a bump! Where did all you soap makers run off to?

These new molds were more of a want than a need. But sometimes I am a sucker for a good sale, and I've been hankering for something different for a while These are silicone molds, two are rectangular loaf molds, and two are cylindrical molds. For the loaf molds I purchased fitted wooden boxes so they hold their shape when filled with soap.

I hope to be giving the molds a trial run here soon enough! I need to finish my last final exam for the semester, then I will have far more free time.

Woohoo! I'm new here and love to see that so many folks make soap too! Here is a sample of my offerings.
[/IMG]

Okay I'm joining the soapy soap chickeneers. Just started this hobby in May and I love it. Sold some bars this summer. Took Orders for Christmas! I was up to my eyeballs in soap. I think as people research what's healthy for them they are running into hand made soap! I make Cold Process. Have not tried hot process or melt and pours ...yet.

I love what it's done for my skin this winter as well. Not a huge lotion person so I would get dried cracking skin on my hands and shins. Not an issue this winter. I've got all my friends hooked as well.

These are just some photos I have in my archives here on BYC. Sorry I don't have more. The top I've called Hunter's bay. It's a cover scent for DH and DS during hunting season...but maybe a bit more foo-foo. LOL. It has Oak leaves and Acorns FO and has a drop swirl pattern with Olive & Bronze Mica, Activated charcoal and Dead Sea Clay.

And below one of my earlier soaps was "kaffegrut"--Norwegian for Coffee grounds. Scented with Turkish Mocha and actual coffee grounds. It was a bit on the scratchy side! LOL. You sort of live and learn what you will do next time. Definitely will make any grounds more fine. Yeouch!
gig.gif
caf.gif
This one of course darkened to a dark brown.

I think I'm going to stick with individual cavity molds for salt soaps in the future. I love big, hand cut bars, but I unmolded and cut this while it was only a couple hours old. Still warm, managed to break some bars.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, coarse kosher salt, goat's milk, NaOH, white sugar, Lemon Creme natural fragrance oil. It smells divine!

The milk came from my own goats. The two girls I have in milk will be dried up soon, so alas, soon I will be without their lovely milk. My first doe due to kid this year will hopefully bring kids into the world on April 22nd, so not too long to wait (all my kids are dam raised though, so I don't get to steal milk from their mother for a while so the kids can get most of it).

Back
Top Bottom