A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Paula I bought that fragrance from Candle Science when they had a big sale on sample sizes of 1 oz. You could buy 3 of each for .99 cents each. I used a drop of Azure blue colorant in a teaspoon of water and then added a bottle of yellow colorant i had from Michaels. The Michaels is not concentrated. It made a wonderful green color mixing the two. I did a sort of in pot swirl. I think the color is fantastic along with the smell. If I did a better job cutting and trimming it would look better but I am not selling it so for us it is fine.

The other colorant is from Brambleberry.

I am going to make some more today and get a stash of soap cured before children from out of state get here for a visit. I am going to try some Lavender Vanilla today and see what color I can come up with. My two pound batches make about 10 bars and that is great for everyone to have a sample in my family.

I have some Mango Tassi i am going to make to

Last edited:
I made some really pretty pink soap with Rice Flower FO and a little Sandlewood, Lavender Vanilla and Berogmot and white tea mixed togother It is a very lite fragrant soap. I will try and get photos tomorrow if possible. It looks fabulous up beside my Himalayan Bamboo soap. Makes me want those colors in the BR.

Anyone try using lard in their soap vs various oils? Better?

Kelly
smile.png

Kelly I saw a rcipe on LovinSoap using Lard. I thought I would try it one more time. I made one batch and it was crumbly.I used GM in it too so I don't know what the problem was. I added lye to the goat milk and it was hard to deal with. I probably didn't need to cover it as GM heats it up so much. It took the longest to trace of any soap I did. I am not blaming it on the lard. I have one more lb container of Lard so I will use it up and see what happens. Maybe next week I can get to it. I haven't had another min to soap lately.

Okay, put the grands to bed and have a batch in the bowl. As before it is taking a lot longer to trace. Does anyone else have this problem with lard. I am going to add some GM at trace when it finally gets there. Using Mango Tassi FO with some Coconut Mango mixed in. It should smell good. Just hope it doesn't end up crumbly. I have left it to sit for a few min. Gotta go get stirring again. Hopefully soon. Will let you know how it turns out. I am soaping at 112 degrees this evening cause I need to get to bed

Okay it traced and is poured. I did not insulate since i added GM. It seems to heat it up. Looks pretty.

What recipe did you use Kassandra? I just used 8 Oz of OO, 8 of CO, 1 of Castor, 1 oz shea butter, 16 oz of Lard. I added a little over 1 oz of GM canned at trace. Added FO and color. I haven't tried this before. I did run it through a Soap Calc

Back
Top Bottom