A new Hobby Soap making Love it

I don't remember. The recipe is at home I'm at work.
hmm.png
. I'll tell you tomorrow

Hello everyone!! Been gone a little while due to computer problems
rant.gif
, but should be back to normal next week.
ya.gif
Made my first batch of plain soap last week. Went very well! I will post pics as soon as I have my new computer up and running. I'm afraid to use this one for to long. I think it is ready to crash!! I'm going to attempt gm, OMH and, - O, Lav. soap today. My question is how much oatmeal should I add to each batch? Also, I have soapmakers companion book, and she suggests 7 tsps of eo. Is that about what you would use in a batch? I'm using the recipe on page 472 of soapmaking help thread and I believe it is Morgaines recipe. I'm not sure how many pounds of soap this makes, but it is 32 oz oo, 16 oz coconut O., 16 oz palm or lard, 24 oz water (using gm), 9 oz. lye. It looks like everyone is making fantastic looking soaps!! I would be so much fun to have a soapmaking seminar or conference or just a plain ole get-together to meet each other and share!!! But probably very unrealistic! But these threads are the next best thing! Happy soaping!!

DS, that recipe makes 4 pounds of soap. I always measure my eo or fo's in oz so not sure if the tsp are enough or too much. What eo's are you going to use? I use anywhere from .25 oz per pound of oil to .7 oz ppo with eo's.

I ordered my fragrances from brambleberry. I ordered the sample kit. It has the lavender in it I want to use in my next batch, but it is only 1/2 oz. I bought the 4 oz of omh, so with that thought in mind, I only have enough omh for one batch and not nearly enough of the lavender. I checked out the prices on brambleberry and the 3.5 ounce of lavender is pretty expensive for only 1 batch. I have another site, Natures Sunshine that sells eo's, and it is only sold in ml's and is just as expensive. So how do you all order your fragrances? I know you don't need eo's but it is nice to have. I have lavender in my flower bed with more to plant, but until then, do you have any suggestions, other than not using any?
smile.png

I like Essential oil university. It is $34 a lb I think for Lavender? I bought 10lbs last fall so I haven't reordered lately.

You can mix the lavender with something if you have it. Rosemary, Mint, Orange, Patchouli, are all nice blended. 1 oz of lavender eo isn't enough for the batch though, save it for something else. You can try blending or do something like lotion bars
smile.png

ok Morgaine. How about this mixture? I have 1 oz of winter grapefruit, 1/2 oz lavender, 1/2 oz peppermint and maybe the left over oz of omh? Is that to many to mix? I just may have to go for it!
tongue.png
When I put the bottles together and smell them, they seem to blend well. I will sleep on it tonite and check them again tomorrow. May as well take the plunge and start experimenting! That's half the fun, right!
smile.png
I will check out Essential Oil U. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom