beeswax
vitamin e
sample sizes of lots of fragrance oils
3 8 oz size bottle of FO
several 1 oz bottles of EO
some color stuff
some botanicals
and a few other things

All for $50. I'm thinking I scored big, and I didn't have to pay for shipping! I'm pretty excited!

That is a good deal, I paid a lot more than that for less product!​

Quote:
Me too.. i think in this business you never stop learning.. I still find new things that come up.. from time to time..

I love AO so much i use that in my lip balms its so good for your skin too.. My AO soap makes my skin so soft too

I use bees wax, almond oil, avocado oil and coconut oil.. omg its to die for.. for lip balm

Here is some info that may help....For EO's

Different Grades of Essential Oils

There are 4 grades of essential oils, listed here from highest quality to lowest. Be sure to check the label to see what is in the bottle of oil you buy so you know what you are buying. Also check the company website or brochure to find out what kinds of oils they sell, the country of origin, whether it is organic, etc..

Only the highest grade - Therapeutic Grade - essential oils have the benefits listed. The others are just for fragrance, candles or cleaning and are not part of Aromatherapy since they have no therapeutic benefits.

Grade A - Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils are the highest quality esential oils, and usually obtained from organically grown plants. These are very carefully harvested, handled and distilled at the proper temperature to preserve the many delicate and powerful properties. The composition and fragrance of true essential oils vary slightly from bottle to bottle because of the variables in Nature -- the species of plant, their location, elevation, the amount of rain and sunshine and how they were harvested. Therapeutic essential oils are the pure plant oils and do not contain any fillers or carrier oils. For example, Lavender Essential Oil should only contain 100% pure essential oil, no carrier oil, no artificial fragrance. Therapeutic grade essential oils cost more than fragrance oils, but you are gettingt the genuine essential oil, not a chemically created imitation. The label should indicate that it is therapeutic grade.

Floral Waters - are not essential oils at all but are created as a natural byproduct of the distillation process as the oils from the plant are separated from the water. Floral waters can be wonderful products for skin and hair care if they are high quality from a quality distillation process. In this case they would still contain many therapeutic properties but not as many as true essential oils. Low quality floral waters are the result of a chemical distillation or extraction process.

Grade B Oils - Food Grade - are used extensively by the Food Industry for flavoring, cooking, candies, chewing gum, confection, baking and other foods as well as toothpaste, mouthwash, losenges, and flavors for cough and cold remedies and childrens medicines (grape flavored cough syrup, anyone?)

Food grade (and perfume grade) oils are often extracted by heat or chemicals .and may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, extenders, or carrier oils. These are created in the lab from a combination of natural extracts and synthetics. Food Grade oils used as flavorings (lemon or peppermint, for example) are less expensive than true essential oils and often contain synthetics, fillers, carrier oils, alcohol and other ingredients. You will find these in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Vanilla extract is a good example - it can be artificial vanilla or natural vanilla from the vanilla bean but both contain alcohol and other ingredients. Food grade oils have no therapeutic benefits and are not part of aromatherapy.

Grade C - Perfume Grade Oils and Fragrance Oils - are not essential oils at all but synthetic and chemical blends created in the lab for a specific fragrance. In the early years of perfumery, the French creators used true essential oils for their blends but found that their fragrances using plant oils would vary from batch to batch. As the demand for designer perfumes grew, they needed a standardized product that always smelled the same. So they turned to chemistry to create recipies for standardized perfumes with specific fragrances.

Perfumes are strong blends of natural and artificial fragrances plus alcohol that are generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the FDA to wear on the skin. Perfume oils that are extracted from flowers and plants with chemical solvents result in a higher yield of oil per harvest, but no therapeutic value. They are created for specific fragrance only. Perfume blends, especially the top designer fragrances can command a much higher price than other fragrances used for bath and body products, lotions, soaps, candles and home-scented products.

Synthetic fragrances are used extensively in the health and beauty industry for body and bath products - shampoo & conditioner and thousands of hair & styling products, hand and body lotions,skin care products, bath oils, bath and hand soap, bath gels, salts and washes, children's bubble bath, deodorants, personal care products, feminine products, men's colonge and after shave, and every lotion and potion on the store shelves. These are also considered GRAS - generally recognized as safe by the FDA to use on the skin, however some of the hundreds of common addidives (sodium laurel sulfate and others) may cause slkin sensitivity. Check the label to see what is in your products and if there are any cautions or warnings.

Synthetic fragrances are added to a wide variety of home products, laundry detergent, fabric softeners and all the variety of household soaps and cleaners. Fragrance oils are also used expensively in pet products including shampoos, coat conditioners, sprays, grooming products, cat litter, etc... to appeal to the pet owner, not the pet.

You can buy fragrance oils designed for making candles and porpourri but they have no therapeutic value and most have a warning on the label not to use them on the skin at all. Fragrance oils may smell pleasant and may resemble the smell of the pure botanical oils (i.e. rose, lavender or other florals) but they do not contain the complex chemical components of true essential oils. Fragrance oils do not have any medicinal properties and are not part of aromatherapy.

Industrial Grade Oils - are the lowest grade of oils extracted from plants with chemicals and mixed with chemicals and solvents used to gain a higher yield of oil per harvest. This grade of oils are used for the basis of many household products - a wide variety of strong cleaning products and floor cleaners, some which are harsh on the skin and require the use of gloves. Industrial oils are also added to floor and furniture waxes, bleach, furniture polish, floor cleaners.

Some are strong industrial cleaners - some pine based, and others are citrus based (citrus de-greasers) used for heavy industrial cleaning, floors and de-greasing machinery. These must be used with caution and care, many advise using in a well ventilated area with gloves

For AO...I use Cosmetic for anything i use on skin...

Commonly used in the cosmetic industry because it soothes skin and helps transport active substances into the skin, Avocado Oil Cosmetic Grade has high concentrations of Vitamins A, D and E.

Avocado Oil has the highest penetration rate among similar oils (corn, soybean, olive and almond) and is comprised mostly of oleic, linoleic, and linolenic acids, as well as palmitic and palmitoleic acids, lecithin, phytosterol and carnotinoids.

Cosmetic grade avocado oil is an economical alternative to first press avocado oil. After the initial pressing of the oil stock, the remaining meal is physically pressed again to expel any residual oil and then refined.

Quote:
That is a good deal, I paid a lot more than that for less product!

Wow what a deal.. i always want to do that but i am scared that the oils are old or have been sitting to long, i find that so many got the items made some didnt like it but ti sat around for years.. so i tend to stay away.. if it was for myself i would tho but i have a business, and unless i know where the oils came from and how old they are i wont sell them to my customers.. I am very picky i wont buy things from michaels or hobby stores they sit far to long

but yes you got a deal and a great find.... FO go bad after about 1 year.. and need to be stored in amber bottle not plastic cause the sunlight makes the FO go bad sooner..

Quote:
I love those pictures! What a great idea. I also makes candles/melts/smelly jellies and I am always looking for cute ways to make them more attractive looking. Great idea! What kind of wax do you use? I only have soy, so mine are much softer than they need to be, but I am going to add some bees wax and stearic acid to them and see if that helps increase the melting point.

I use mostly EcoSoya
00ae.png
Advanced Soy Wax or EcoSoya
00ae.png
XceL Wax i love the soy and this wax holds together great and melts perfect too.. the scent throw omg is amazing with this wax too..

I try to make them look better cause when you have just a wax tart it look boring to me so i added a few wee pictures to make the scent.. i think ti makes them look wee bit better more inviting?

I love my smelly jellies.. i use small jelly jars or the jars from Naturesgardencandles..

EcoSoya CB Advanced Wax: This wax is 100% vegetable, made with soybean and botanical oils. It has excellent scent throw with fragrances, a smooth and even burn pool with consistent color retention. It’s specifically designed for container candles. This wax contracts slightly, producing a beautiful consistent appearance. Extremely frost resistant.

EcoSoya CB-XceL Wax:This 100% soy wax has an excellent scent throw with fragrances, an even burn pool and consistent color retention. It’s specifically designed for container candles. The wax flakes are convenient and easy to use and best of all, this wax only requires one pour! Excellent adhesion and extremely frost resistant.

Quote:
I love those pictures! What a great idea. I also makes candles/melts/smelly jellies and I am always looking for cute ways to make them more attractive looking. Great idea! What kind of wax do you use? I only have soy, so mine are much softer than they need to be, but I am going to add some bees wax and stearic acid to them and see if that helps increase the melting point.

I use mostly EcoSoya
00ae.png
Advanced Soy Wax or EcoSoya
00ae.png
XceL Wax i love the soy and this wax holds together great and melts perfect too.. the scent throw omg is amazing with this wax too..

I try to make them look better cause when you have just a wax tart it look boring to me so i added a few wee pictures to make the scent.. i think ti makes them look wee bit better more inviting?

I love my smelly jellies.. i use small jelly jars or the jars from Naturesgardencandles..

EcoSoya CB Advanced Wax: This wax is 100% vegetable, made with soybean and botanical oils. It has excellent scent throw with fragrances, a smooth and even burn pool with consistent color retention. It’s specifically designed for container candles. This wax contracts slightly, producing a beautiful consistent appearance. Extremely frost resistant.

EcoSoya CB-XceL Wax:This 100% soy wax has an excellent scent throw with fragrances, an even burn pool and consistent color retention. It’s specifically designed for container candles. The wax flakes are convenient and easy to use and best of all, this wax only requires one pour! Excellent adhesion and extremely frost resistant.

I haven't used any smelly jellies yet, haven't even had time to make any. I got some of those 8 oz jars, but do not have the lids that have the holes in them. My was is also 100% soy and is a one pour, but if I add color, it gets a white frosted appearance on it. Burn it one time and it's gone, but it doesn't look pretty! It does have a great throw though and holds 2 + ounces per 16 ounces of melted wax. So, it has a great fragrance retention without bleeding out of the wax. It's just hard to pour for some reason.

I add pumice to my homemade glycerin soap, along with essential oils....that's it! My husband does alot of mechanic work, and loves the pumice. It sinks to the bottom, so he can use the 'rough' side, or the smooth side for, hmmmm, delicate areas
wink.png

Elite.. that is why i use te eco no frosting i love it....

Chicky.... if you let it cool down and stir till it thickens then add your stuff it will be through out the soap and not just on one end if you want it that way... i make garden soap i use glycerin , cause it draws moisture to your skin more.. i let it cool down some and stir till it begins to thicken then add what i want it suspends it really well

Yeah.. when i first started with wax, it was about 20 years ago plus.. i just made pillars and sold them to a pagan shop.. then i stopped for 18 years and just got back into it.. I kept seeing that after adding my FO's and then Anne Marie from Bramble berry.com owner showed me some waxes, i was hooked on this wax it says, Extremely frost resistant.. and i haven't had any troubles so i was assuming that is what that meant .. maybe it means another kind of frost? i dunno but i haven't had the frost since i used this wax.. 2 things i can talk about for ever is chickens and soaps .. well and candle stuff too so 3 things lol

Back
Top Bottom