A Newbie From Mississippi

4Him4Ever

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 1, 2009
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
i got my first chickens just over a year ago - started with 2 and got 3 splash silkies the next month - MA, PA, and chicky - then easter i got 25 chicks and 1 rooster (day old) and all survived

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
5 silkies (2 are roosters) 1 Black & white rooster and 27 mixed chickens - half are laying and the other half should follow suit soon

(3) What breeds do you have? i know the silkies and the leghorns but not sure about all the rest - i just know i love them all wellllll with the exception of the roosters when they try to gang up on each other but i have to remember that boys will be boys but i do worry about my splash silkie rooster since he is the oldest and really the smallest and my favorite - he seems to be sick at the moment and that is partially why i joined the forum - i have been reading posts for a year now and found my answers thru other posts but i can't seem to find an answer for this one. Can someone direct me to where i need to go to get a few answers/suggestions about a sick silkie rooster???? i am worried

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
surfing the web for info

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
originally from AR - i now live with my DH in northern MS - we have 3 full size horses and 3 mini horses, 3 bull calves, 3 (carriente) roping hefers, 6 or 7 or 8 or maybe even 9 barn cats - the count just depends on who wants to claim the back porch on which day, 1 indoor cat, 3 dogs that travel between us and the M-I-L on the same property and all sorts of free range wildlife ;-}

frow.gif
A big welcome!!!!

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. If you have not found the section yet for help with sick or injured chickns....post your question in the "Emergencies, Injuries, Diesease" section. You should get good response there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom