A newbie from the UK

Gembeag

Songster
May 16, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Hi everyone I'm Emma and have become the lucky owner of 4 sex linked hens that were incubated and hatched by the reception class at the school I teach at. They are between 3 and 4 weeks old and I am hooked! Loving this site, I have learnt so much.

frow.gif
Emma, I see a lot of eggs in your future. Red sex links are prolific egg producers. Once they start laying you may need to put up an egg stand to sell off the extras.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I've raised Red Sex Links (like those in your picture) for years, and along with my Black Sex Links, they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from those four girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Red Sex Links.

Hi Emma and welcome to our community!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join BYC! Sounds like you have a nice little flock. The Red Sex-Link is an excellent breed, well known for very good egg production and docile temperaments. I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy them.

Welcome to our flock and good luck with your birds! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Back
Top Bottom