A Passion for Rare Poultry Antiquities

Well, the fact that this thread has been cleaned up would explain why I am lost. HOWEVER, I love the information. If you have a fb page where you are discussing these, pm or email me and I would love to follow it there.

-There is now a very small cottage hatchery dedicated to these New Heritage and archaic Cultural Treasure fowls. I'll be creating pages for them at Feathersite or perhaps here--just information as I am not involved in the hatchery save for occasional consultation. This is not a commercial hatchery. I believe that hatching eggs will be all they sell this year. People will need to put orders in early as they will only be collecting a set number of egg for sale. Most of the eggs are circulated within the community for food. This may seem like a waste of very rare genetics and collectors that keep birds like these are often conflicted with this issue. Nevertheless, domestic fowl are generally maintained for the nutrition they contribute. We've also discovered that bird thieves become desperate and scheme for stock. We'd rather have lots of ethical people keep that stock and disperse it within a tight knit community. Adult birds are too expensive for most people to afford. There is only so much room in the Ark and so- hatching eggs will be available this year from the cottage hatchery in MA.

Back
Top Bottom