A pekin duckling named Peeps

cheese17

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
NY
Here's the little dude (he's sitting on my lap)

I joined this forum mainly to seek advice on raising a duckling. From what I can garner, there seems to be a good deal of experienced duck-owners on this site that could point me in the right direction
This is my first real pet, and thus my first time raising a duck (I've had quite a few pet fish before but that's about it). The duck was hatched in an incubator and was part of a class project in my AP Biology class. Therefore, I only have the advice of my bio teacher (who won't be available for long since I graduate in about a week) and whatever I've looked up on the internet. I want to provide the best care I can for this duckling, and I'd be able to rest easy at night knowing that my duck is happy and healthy. If someone could give me some tips or some do's and don'ts I'd duly appreciate it.

I have never had ducks except for feeding a pair of mallards that were passing through town. Fortunately BYC has duck threads at "Other Backyard Poultry" forum above.
The real duck folks should be able to answer your questions and happy to do it. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, so glad you joined us
wee.gif

I have never had ducks except for feeding a pair of mallards that were  passing through town.  Fortunately BYC has  duck threads at "Other Backyard Poultry" forum above.
The real duck folks should be able to answer your questions and happy to do it.  Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, so glad you joined us  :weee

Oh thank you! Actually that was one of the reasons that I joined. I learned a lot from that section of the forum. Lol I never knew until I read it on here that it's normal for a duckling to start nibbling on everything, including me

Back
Top Bottom