A permit for pheasants in Ohio??

When you fill out your paperwork just put down where you got the eggs name and phone
If they gave you them as a gift it is fine but if you bought them then they should of come with a Permit number,.

You will need a permit # ,and the person who gave them to you would had to have a permit also.....

1. permit for just one or two = free
2.permit to raise for yourself = 25.00
3. permit to raise and sell =45.00

No mater what you will need a permit, and can prove where you got them......

Plus anyone giving or selling MUST keep a record where they when.

Last edited:
Most of this is right. We are a pheasant farm in Ohio and yes you do need a permit if you are selling($40) or not selling ($25) birds. When we sell birds we do give our permit # issued from the state to our customers. Yes you only need a permit for the Ring-Necked Pheasants only. Now if you are releasing those birds in that same year I would not bother getting a permit you can use the persons' permit you bought them from. Also look for farms that are NPIP to make sure they are getting their birds tested for avian flu and other diseases.

Most of this is right. We are a pheasant farm in Ohio and yes you do need a permit if you are selling($40) or not selling ($25) birds. When we sell birds we do give our permit # issued from the state to our customers. Yes you only need a permit for the Ring-Necked Pheasants only. Now if you are releasing those birds in that same year I would not bother getting a permit you can use the persons' permit you bought them from. Also look for farms that are NPIP to make sure they are getting their birds tested for avian flu and other diseases.
You do not need a permit to keep the ornamentals(Goldens,Amherst,Silvers etc)but you do need a permit to keep Ringnecks.
So I can own any Pheasant in Ohio except Ringnecks, correct?

Back
Top Bottom