A pip then nothing ....

caroline50

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
... can still hear it cheeping but its not progressing at all - just one tiny pip hole . I noticed it at 6am this morning and its now 1.30pm here now. Any ideas?Thanks

I had a chick pip at 4am and finally hatched at 11pm. The rule is to wait... it could take 24 hours for the chick to zip & hatch. It is probably just resting. Good luck!

I agree...All you can do is wait. Sometimes it will stimulate them if you tap on the window of the bator.

I help zip after 12+ hours. I work long hours and if one is rolled over onto the exposed beak or hatching fluids covert the breathing area while I am away, I come home to dead unhatched chicks. This has happen too many times; therfore I zip carefully.

Just sit on your hands. Don't open the bator. Let it be. If you get in there and mess around, there's a good chance that you will shrink wrap the chick in the shell.

Let nature run its course. Give them time to what they need to do. Once they do hatch, you have 48-72 hours before that need food. Just be patient.

Back
Top Bottom