A problem with our rooster..

Iloveourbabychick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Hickory,NC
He actually came into our apt as an egg,we incubated him and this month he'll be a year old.He is a blue laced red wyandotte,a beautiful guy.He can be loving.He has one bedroom to himself and spends all day and night watching Disney channel.

Trouble is-- Is this the best for his life? Hes lonely.He does attack us at times when we go into his room to clean up.I really think he is lonely.
My alternative--Give him to my husband who has many chickens,that he has gotten from many stores,etc. Our rooster has never been exposed to the outside world.Our vet said that it was better(this is when he was younger) to keep him from being exposed to the outside world.Also,he feeds his chickens garbage,old rotten vegtables moldy breed,etc.And brown water.

So thats my option.Sure,its a disaster in the bedroom.Lots of work.But the alternative scares me.So many of his chickens have died.Predators,etc.

What would you do?

Quote:
Your vet said not to show him outside WHY and the part where you said he "feeds his chickens garbage,old rotten vegtables moldy breed,etc.And brown water" WHO your hubby Thats sounds awful. Thats no life for your poor chicken I would give him to someone who can let him have a chicken life Sun grass dirt bugs some hens Just my opinion Good luck

The poor guy, I bet he is lonely. I was looking at this post from 5/9 and you were asking about the gender on the babies? Do you still have them? Can they go in with this rooster? It is probably best to re-home him, he would be much happier out scratching around int he dirt. He is gorgeous though
love.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=178535

You are surely in a predicament here.
I would want my boy to have a good home, somewhere that he would have good stuff to eat, dirt to scratch in and a couple pretty ladies too!
smile.png
where do you live, if you were close I'd tell you to bring him here to me, and you could ask anyone how good his home would be!
big_smile.png

I myself wouldn't bring him to a place where he would be fed rotten food and gross water, and maybe get picked off by some critter, if I had to I would try and find him another place to call home. Do you have any friends or neighbors that would like to have a pet rooster? If you don't then I guess I would go with Craigslist too, oh I
idunno.gif
I might just keep him in my spare room I guess but take him outside to see the world and let him do what roosters do!
smile.png
Best of luck!

Hi....me again.....the baby chicks in the pics are the husband's chicks, we are separated.Our roo is Happy & he has been posted on here before. Yes, we want him to be HAPPY and to dig in the dirt & be outside in the sun.We live in an apt. & I still cannot believe we haven't been found out yet..lol Must be the loud Disney channel.He has an amazing crow.
We live in Hickory, NC If anyone can give our young man a great home, please let us know. He doesn't know he's a chicken.
lol.png

Try the county 4-H clubs too
one of the kids might be really happy to have a hand raised rooster
good luck

Back
Top Bottom