A question about lice

I'll see what the weather's like, if it's good drying weather I'll do it twice; ones the first time and ones the last time.
You're playing with fire hitting a lick here and there .The only way to get rid of lice and mites is treating them until they're gone (however long it takes) If you can't take care of what you've got , keep fewer birds.That makes it easier.

A lot of wild and feral birds carry a few lice. Wild ducks may be the worst. They have to preen and scratch at them, bathe regularly and stuff like that but can get along fine under normal circumstances. However, if a bird gets weak or comes down with something or is sitting, the lice can take advantage of their poor hygiene and lice numbers explode. Without intervention the lice can be what finally does them in.

A lot of wild and feral birds carry a few lice. Wild ducks may be the worst. They have to preen and scratch at them, bathe regularly and stuff like that but can get along fine under normal circumstances. However, if a bird gets weak or comes down with something or is sitting, the lice can take advantage of their poor hygiene and lice numbers explode. Without intervention the lice can be what finally does them in.
I don't know if the wild birds here tend to have lice, if they do no wonder the chickens have them as there's birds everywhere.
And the rest makes sense; I'll definitely get on to it as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom