A quick question

kevinnini

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
My first incubation...Brinsea Octagon 20...loaded with 24 eggs: 8 Wellies, 8 Crested Cream Legbars and 8 Wheaton Ameracaunas.

24% humidity to day 18 and then 52 - 65%...it's all I could get, even with felt ect.

7 am Friday begins day 21....1st CL at 330pm. By the end of day 21, 7am this morning, I had 4 CLs. Now I have a 5th CL and I'm 21 days and 11 hours. No pips from the Wellies or Wheaties. But I'm 5 for 8 one the CLs. Strange...

So...how much longer should I wait....and should I move the 5 chicks out to the brooder now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin

My first incubation...Brinsea Octagon 20...loaded with 24 eggs: 8 Wellies, 8 Crested Cream Legbars and 8 Wheaton Ameracaunas.

24% humidity to day 18 and then 52 - 65%...it's all I could get, even with felt ect.

7 am Friday begins day 21....1st CL at 330pm. By the end of day 21, 7am this morning, I had 4 CLs. Now I have a 5th CL and I'm 21 days and 11 hours. No pips from the Wellies or Wheaties. But I'm 5 for 8 one the CLs. Strange...

So...how much longer should I wait....and should I move the 5 chicks out to the brooder now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin
Yes, you can move them to the brooder. If there are no pips, it will not hurt to candle and see if there is any hope, but I wouldn't give up until at least the end of day 22.

Back
Top Bottom