A quick update and a question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jan 30, 2013.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    So on the way to helping a friend move to Iowa we were in a car accident in st Louis. We're fine but it set us back a bit in cash and time

Meanwhile my father had a stroke and \he was doing pretty poorly for a while but now he is doing much better. One of my half sisters is staying with him and has really done a lot to help him. She and I may have had our problems but I give her props for what she has done for him and our uncle.

The results came back on my step father. He has 1st stage small cell lung cancer that is inoperable and is in one of his lymph nodes. We're pretty upset about this but it is treatable and I have started researching everything I can on things to help with his cancer.

The problem is he's a Veteran and his insurance is through VA. It means he is stuck with the hospital and treatments they are giving him here and we can't take him to a civilian hospital for second opinions in treatment options because his VA won't pay for it then.

Can anyone give us advice on foods, life style changes, or anything like that that can help him fight this cancer? He is in good spirits and besides being tired a lot, seems to be doing well.

On top of it we are being sued over some land dispute from ten years ago that our neighbors had with the guy we are trying to buy our property from. We can't get a strait answer from anyone, and have been forced to hire a lawyer because of this big mess.

On the bright side of things, my sister who was living with us threw us a curve ball. She got engaged and moved out. She seems very happy and has been a help in taking our parents to their appointments.

I have forced myself to step back. I have joined a gym. It is one that has heated pools and exercise classes for people with previous injuries like myself. It has been a great source of stress relief for me.

At this point I have had about all the fun I can stand. So.. um I don't want to play this game any more, can we play something else like... uh happy fun time circle?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, Kristy, that's a lot on your plate! [​IMG] I hope things get better for you! Since I have never been in your shoes, I cannot offer any advice. [​IMG] Hopefully this will move it on up and someone with more experience than me can help you out. I'm so sorry for everything you're going through!

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Kristy, my Mom lives with us now since having a stroke a year ago. I quit my job so I can care for her. She went from not able to walk, to a walker, to a cane and now refuses to use either one. She is wobbly, but walking. I lost my Dad to bone cancer. I have walked your walk. If you need some support, feel free to PM me, or respond here in the forum.

My brother was a Marine (Viet Nam) and died last summer from Shy-Dragan's disease. Google it-it's ugly and it was a slow terrible death. He went to the VA for several years, getting worse and worse. Finall he fell at home while his wife was gone to work and couldn't get up. He called 911 and was taken to a REAL hospital and FINALLY was diagnosed. There was no cure and not much treatment for him.

On the lung cancer, a friend was sent home to die after chemo and radiation. She was on oxygen and had 6-9 months to live. Her uncle was run out of the country in the 80's for doing a chelation therapy clinic. he went to Mexico, set up a clinic and CURED people. He retired back to Texas. She went to see him and he gave her a mixture that she had to take by IV. It had hydrogen peroxide, magnesium, liquid vitamin C and some other stuff in it. In a few months time, the tumor in her lungs was dead, shrunken, she was off oxygen, her color came back and she felt good. That was 4 years ago. Try to find a holistic healer who might be able to help you. Research cancer is a fungus. Standard modern medicine only wants to treat cancer, not cure it. It's a money thing.

http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Wheatgrass.html

http://www.cancertutor.com/

http://www.bamboo-delight.com/download/Cure_Cancer_with_Baking_Soda.htm

http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/

http://www.drinkh2o2.com/

4. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    his cancer is almost exclusive to smokers, and he has smoked for over 50 years

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Does he also have Medicare? If so, he should be able to also access treatment under those benefits, from a non-VA hospital. Problem around here is finding a doc to take new Medicare patients cause they keep slashing how much they pay providers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by