A re-introduction of sorts

JetR

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 3, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Hello all!

It's been quite some time since I have been active here, so I will re-introduce after a tad update. When I joined I was living in Las Vegas and had just found a hen roaming my neighborhood. I got another hen and we were off. About a year later, turns out the zoning laws were really confusing (even to the employee I spoke with) and chickens weren't actually allowed. Rehomed the girls to a friend, who rehomed them again to a farm. I have been hen free for about 3 years now. We moved a couple of times and I now live in Prescott, AZ - I JUST got off the phone with the city planner who advised me not only am I allowed hens, but there is NO LIMIT to how many! I am SO excited!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I grew up on a small farm and we had PLENTY of chickens. I think I was 7 when we got our first brood.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?: sadly, none. But hopefully that will change very soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?: a google search years ago

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?: gardening, crochet, crafts, cooking/baking, raising our Tiny Ruler (18 month old daughter)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.: I'm 35, married for 10 years to an amazing husband who works his tail off so I can be at home with Tiny Ruler, our 4 dogs, and eventually our chickens! We only have one Tiny Ruler, but hope to maybe end up with a second at some point.

G’Day from down under JetR :frow Welcome Back!

Tee hee, I have never heard of rug rats being referred to as tiny rulers, I like it! :clap

I have a husband imposed limit of 6 which I agree with; that is a nice number which I can easily accommodate and love. I currently have room for one more ;)

I knew when we moved here that I was allowed to have chickens [or I would not have been moving] and we flew our flock to their new home in the cargo hold of the plane, right next to our cats ;)

Anyways, out of curiosity, I just looked up our ruling in the pamphlet I was given when I inquired and while there are guidelines and requirements, no mention of how many :p

LIKE PROTO TYPE.gif

Back
Top Bottom