A sad start, but happy end.

My poor Snow-ball's Wry Neck came back...I was not able to help her this time, and so i did what was right and had her put down.
This is her:
86121_chicken_play_001.jpg

My poor Snow-ball...And then what stinks the most! Is that shortly after Snow-ball my mom's Buff Rooster vanished T_T I just have no luck...
Well, i cried like a baby, but Stella, her Silkie partner, took it much worse!
For days she sat at the gate screaming her head off for Snow-Ball to come back. the other birds even started to pick on her.
I did not know what to do, so I turned to the only person that I knew at the time. I had been trying to find a show Silkie for a while, but because im getting married next year I had to hold off T_T
But after this happened I had to try again.
I contacted Nancy from MountaintopSilkies in a panic after sticking poor Stella in a crate with a stuffed Rabbit and a mirror, and she agreed to let me come down and pick out a silkie.
Well...I was convinced I was getting a pet, but when I got there she gave me the two most gorgeous white showable Silkies that i have ever seen!
She was so kind, and I was so SHOCKED! I was expecting pets!
Well, I went home with the two white birds, to a very sad Stella...The poor thing was trying to snuggle under the stuffed rabbit...
Well, i put the two silkies in the crate, and the first thing Stella did was stick her head right under Winter (One of the new silkie pullets) and peep contently. I dont know if she thought it was Snow-ball or what. But they instantly snuggled and loved each other.
86121_brucemolly_chickens_007.jpg

86121_brucemolly_chickens_008.jpg

Nancy was a life saver! Hands down, and now Stella is no longer screaming and beyond happy!
The new silkies names are Winter, and Snow-flake!
Im so glad that this had a happy ending. And to top it off, my mom has a new baby Buff Orphington rooster
big_smile.png

Quote:
Im just glad Stella is ok now! She took it far worse then i did, I cried like a baby, but she cried louder!
I was so worried about her, and then Nancy was so kind and helped me out, im just glad they made friends so fast.

Quote:
Yes I would strongly suggest reading up on it! It is not fun for anyone to go threw
sad.png

AWWW Sara your to kind! They look like they have settled in and now they can cuddle together! I know what it feels like to lose a Silkie to WRY NECK, as you know I had to put down my Buff Silkie roo who also had wry neck. I thought he was going to come out of it, but 2 weeks later he stop eating again and lost a lot of wieght, and he neck was twisted so bad, I couldn't let him suffer anymore.
sad.png

Drop me a line and let me know how they do in the shows this fall! Wishing you the best, Nancy

Quote:
Well I was honest, you were a life/chicken saver!
big_smile.png
I am so glad that they are alright now, and once I have that third coop and run up ill be able to be a rooster!!! I cant wait!
And I found a flock testing person for MA so I can show them!!
And I am sorry about your rooster again,
sad.png
It stinks regardless of what the bird is or who it happens to.
Thanks Nancy! And ill keep you updated to when I start to show them
big_smile.png

Again you are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom