A Shaky Black Sex Link

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickunsitah, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Chickunsitah

Chickunsitah New Egg

Feb 18, 2013
    For some reason my Black Sex Link shakes constantly whenever we holde her, making my sister and i worry. She is only two weeks old. The only time she doesen't shake is when she falls asleep in our hands. What's wrong!?!? Anyone have any ideas?[​IMG]

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]

Our chicks did this as babies, and it never seemed to be a health problem...

If you don't have them under a heat lamp, that may be why they're shaking... I hope they'll be okay. I'm sorry, I'm not very helpful...

3. TheCrazyClucker

TheCrazyClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2012
    [​IMG] & [​IMG]

Awww... poor girl.
    You could post in the Diseases, Injuries, and Cures forum, or is this already the Diseases, Injuries, and Cures forum? [​IMG]
    Like Chickenfan4life said, if you don't have her under a heat lamp, that's your problem. But if you do, answer this question: Is she shaking when she walks around? If she does that I don't know what to tell you. If she's only shaking when she's in your hands, she's probably scared and over-sensitive. I'd advise for you not to pick her up more once a day, and only for a couple minutes and cup your hands around her so she feels safe.. A once-in-a-while stroke on her back would get her used to you.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by