A short chicken feed rant

Hahahaha. I've been called bad things, a mistake of gnder doesn't bother me. I've had the most beautiful pony tail for decades (except when donating it). Just had it chopped off (too damaged to donate), starting over.

Used to have "swimmer's legs" too - those days are gone. As are the cat calls.
Good thing I'm married. I'd def want a look see at that ahem, Pony.

What's the name of the breeder, please? They are def. on my list for must-haves.

Thanks.
Not sure where exactly. The restaurant/farm owner never got back to me, but if you did happen to contact her through the Backwoods Crossing website and find out where in GA she gets her chickens, let me know!

Brahmas are awesome. Going back to the title of your thread, they do need a good quality feed to thrive. They're heavy, slow growers--not an economic "high feed conversion" breed.

I don't love commercial feed, and but after having chickens, I'm so grateful we don't have to source our own grain and minerals, mix, and store it all just right. Nutrition is so important. Chickens hide illnesses, so if they aren't getting the right nutrients, you probably won't know until it's too late, and/or they've stopped laying and are covered in parasites.

Seems like almost no 2 chicken people feed the same way. We've settled on an 18% protein "chick starter" for chickens of all ages, with no less than 0.4% methionine. Depending on whether it's laying or molting season, we mix in a couple other types of feed with higher calcium and protein.

Not sure where exactly. The restaurant/farm owner never got back to me, but if you did happen to contact her through the Backwoods Crossing website and find out where in GA she gets her chickens, let me know!

Brahmas are awesome. Going back to the title of your thread, they do need a good quality feed to thrive. They're heavy, slow growers--not an economic "high feed conversion" breed.

I don't love commercial feed, and but after having chickens, I'm so grateful we don't have to source our own grain and minerals, mix, and store it all just right. Nutrition is so important. Chickens hide illnesses, so if they aren't getting the right nutrients, you probably won't know until it's too late, and/or they've stopped laying and are covered in parasites.

Seems like almost no 2 chicken people feed the same way. We've settled on an 18% protein "chick starter" for chickens of all ages, with no less than 0.4% methionine. Depending on whether it's laying or molting season, we mix in a couple other types of feed with higher calcium and protein.
At least I remembered about a local feed store (that's some good news). Hubby mentioned it several months ago. About 9 minutes from the homestead. Maybe 3 from my job (where I am about to get ready to go to). Hmm, I should stop by there when I leave or maybe on my lil 30 min. lunch break. Naaah, I don't wanna be rushed.

Thanks for chiming in about the Brahma. Such a stately bird from the one I saw IRL.

Have a better than good day, my Precious.

My wife and i will be celebrating 27 years soon. Trust me when I say things don't look as nice as they once did.
What a blessing. 11 here (feel like a newlywed from standpoint of my friends' longevity and success in marriage). You and wifey are to be commended!

Have a better than great day. Oh, U, I will be picking up chicks either this afternoon or tomorrow (depending upon how my bones feel after my work shift today). So excited!!!!

I have visited AL and TN. Once made a list of states I have been to. Was quite surprised and proud/glad. I kinda done traveled some. My hubby, we'll call him Farmer Smith has a 1960 something truck. When he lifts the hood, boy is it massive. We have a dawg here, and one on the land. Girl, he is building us a "house" out of storage containers (3 of 'em). Long story which I will probably never own up to in writing; ha ha ha. He is heck bent on getting our bills as low as possible in preparation for what is coming.

Meanwhile, I adore this lil mobile we are renting from friends. No complaints on my part. I say put my babies out back and let's keep it moving. He'd rather live on his four acres; bless his heart. So, we have one dawg here and I think one out on the property. He goes out there to feed the animals (hogs), cats, dog. Oh and he is fiending for a pair of blue healers (or is it heelers?)
Hey my dog is a blue heeler.. they Are good guard dogs. He is inside and potty trained. He won't be a year till October. But he is full grown.. physically. He wod chew up someone if they tried to hurt me🤣 I think those storage container houses are really cool. I like em..I'd love to see pictures when it's done 👍They're actually pretty popular 😁 My hubby would love a 60s truck. No computers in it. I wouldn't mind a pig either. Lol. We were talking about potbelly pigs they are smaller but still a good deal of meat and it would be easier to butcher. I love porky pig. I think hubby could live on bacon oh and any heavily processed meat..dear me meat in a can.. I can understand why your husband is doing what he is doing. Things are crazy. I have a four cylinder car and it takes close to 50 to fill it and I top it off just to be safe whenever In town.

Back
Top Bottom