A Short introduction!

Photolady07

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
frow.gif
Hello Everyone My name is Jennifer and I Live in Northeast Missouri! My son had a flock of cherry egger chickens given to him when he was almost 5. Thus started our love of chickens! He takes care of them daily and he sells the eggs for money for himself. that is his "Paycheck" We now have a variety of chickens (almost 30) ! Ameraucana is his new favorite. we are having problems finding true Ameraucana chickens.Honestly all I know is what I have experienced. We have had chickens for 4 years now and honestly I still feel as if i do not know enough. trying to learn breed names and characteristics seems very confusing! Chickens are his 4-H project also. He did have success at the county and state fair with his Rhode Island Red Rooster. any tips for learning resources would be helpful for both of us! Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. There's a lot of information in the various forums, if searching past threads doesn't help, then post your questions under the Breeds category. There is so much experience in the membership and sure those who breed and raise the Ameraucana can help. Some of the Sponsors sites also have excellent sources of breed info.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on your son's success at the county and state fair with his RIR roo. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock, and your son. :eek:)

Welcome to the group. There's a lot of information in the various forums, if searching past threads doesn't help, then post your questions under the Breeds category. There is so much experience in the membership and sure those who breed and raise the Ameraucana can help. Some of the Sponsors sites also have excellent sources of breed info.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks A Lot!!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! You have come to the right place for all the learning and fun! Our learning center has lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry, much of which you are probably familiar with. But take a look when you have the time...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom