A Short Story Of A Neighbour and A Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chikees123, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Chikees123

Chikees123 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2012
    Western Australia
    Gday everyone! :)

For a long time I have been breeding chickens. I have them in my neighbour's pen, as theirs is huge and we don't
    have enough room. A week ago we had three chickens hatched. Two that are big and dark, one that is small and
    light. Okay, here is the story...

Today I happened to meet up my neighbour at the fence. She had a little bundle of light yellow in her hands. It
    was one of my chicks. She told me what happened today.
    "It was morning and I checked on the chickens to see if they are alright. When I checked the little coop that
    they and their mother Anne was in, I was shocked to find that one of the chickens was shivering, with ticks
    and ants crawling all over the head and beak." She took the just-about-dead chicken in her house and turned
    on the oven. Then she put the week old chicken near it. Then, after a couple of minutes, the little thing was up
    again and running. "The cute fluffball follows me all around the house and crawls in my shirt like I am it's mother!"
    I was very delighted to hear this, if my neighbour didn't check the chickens, the poor little one woudn't have survived!

Anyway, I named it Lucky. Although this is a short story, I decided to share it with all of you.

Soon, the pet will be back in the large pen!! [​IMG]

~Chikees123

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Great story, BUT, the mother may not take it back now....

I'd get it back under her ASAP

and get something to spray for ticks and ants!

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Awwww! What a cute story! I was a little worried it would have a sad ending, but I was pleasantly surprised. :clap

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very true. [​IMG] It is a cute story, so glad the little one made it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by