A smol miracle.

thatbeechick

Chirping
Aug 27, 2019
Australia (VIC)
Went in for an egg autopsy before shutting off the incubator - 3.5 days past due and no obvious signs of life, all other remaining eggs expired. 11 straight hours of intensive birb care later.... I'm exhausted and leaving this hatch with what appears to be an extra chick!

Attachments

• IMG_20190911_233026_190.jpg
    IMG_20190911_233026_190.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 14
I would check your incubator if that's what you used for your hatch , a cold spot will cause a chick to grow slower.

Put something in the incubator and let it set for a couple hours and see what it reads, move it to another spot and repeat until you know or not if you have a cool spot.

Some things you can do to counter it if you do find cold spots without replacing would be rotating placement of eggs through the hatch, avoiding setting eggs in that area

Congratulations on that surprise

I would check your incubator if that's what you used for your hatch , a cold spot will cause a chick to grow slower.

Put something in the incubator and let it set for a couple hours and see what it reads, move it to another spot and repeat until you know or not if you have a cool spot.

Some things you can do to counter it if you do find cold spots without replacing would be rotating placement of eggs through the hatch, avoiding setting eggs in that area

Congratulations on that surprise
Good idea, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom