A Soupbean Inside a Yolk!

AArt, Thanks for the education. Its one of the reasons I am here. Never heard of a Lash egg. Hope I never see one from my chickens. The link to the lash egg info is great. Eliminates all doubt.

I wish you had a good photo. The digestive system and egg laying system meet at the vent. Occasionally a roundworm can crawl up the egg laying plumbing and become encased inside the egg. The egg gland isn't very far up that plumbing, that's where the egg white is added as well as the eggshell. I seriously doubt a bean could pass through the digestive system, especially the gizzard, and be intact when it got to the vent, let alone going back up to the egg gland. I'd call that more than highly improbable. But I try to not call things impossible with some of the things I've seen.

It still seems wild but I could see a hen getting a bean into her vent while taking a dust bath. When a hen lays an egg she extends a bit of her egg laying plumbing outside the vent. Only a short piece but that seals off the egg laying part from the poop part so it keeps eggs cleaner. I could envision a bean getting stuck to that when she was laying an egg and get pulled back up into her egg laying plumbing.

it's a shame you grew Rojo Domingo beans instead of some patterned bean. Those red beans are pretty nondescript. Some patterned beans are beautiful. Could you see the hilum? That's the part where the bean was attached to the bean pod.

Back
Top Bottom