A testament to the mighty heated dog bowl's effectiveness

K0k0shka

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 24, 2019
Boston Area, MA
My Coop
My Coop
My trusty heated dog bowl (Farm Innovators) has proven itself time and again, but it really came through after this latest monster snowstorm! So I just wanted to share some picture evidence and my highest recommendations for this genius invention. It's the only kind of heated waterer I use in winter. I have a large bowl in the run, and a small backup bowl for when I need to isolate a chicken for some reason (injury, bullying, etc.) They've both been through a lot of snow and some serious dips in temperature (single digits and negatives F) and have never ever frozen!

Yesterday we had a huge snowstorm that dumped 2 feet of snow, and the temperature hasn't risen much past 20 in a week, with steep drops at night. This morning I dug the big bowl out from under 2 feet of snow, and it still had liquid water inside!!! I am seriously impressed. I love that thing!

IMG_5395-point.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

Last edited:
My trusty heated dog bowl has proven itself time and again, but it really came through after this latest monster snowstorm! So I just wanted to share some picture evidence and my highest recommendations for this genius invention. It's the only kind of heated waterer I use in winter. I have a large bowl in the run, and a small backup bowl for when I need to isolate a chicken for some reason (injury, bullying, etc.) They've both been through a lot of snow and some serious dips in temperature (single digits and negatives F) and have never ever frozen!

Yesterday we had a huge snowstorm that dumped 2 feet of snow, and the temperature hasn't risen much past 20 in a week, with steep drops at night. This morning I dug the big bowl out from under 2 feet of snow, and it still had liquid water inside!!! I am seriously impressed. I love that thing!

View attachment 2978577
View attachment 2978578
View attachment 2978576
WOW that thing is reliable as all heck! What brand is it?

Those heated dog bowls work really well. I know people who use them and they have nothing but good to say about them. I keep one as a back up just in case my watering system fails. I'd consider using one all the time if it just held more water. A gallon and a half of water is just not enough for my situation.

Back
Top Bottom