A Tribute to my hen Shirley

TundraGhost

Chirping
Jul 2, 2021
On Saturday April 27th, my dear hen Shirley passed away over night in my room. I tried everything I could to help her, and made a few posts here in search of answers. I learned a lot of things and glad people were willing to help or suggest ideas. She had her ups and downs, I took her to the vet for prescribed medicine when I knew she was only getting worse, but it was her time to go. I still go deep in thought wondering "What if I had done this? What if I hadn't done this?" Would something have changed.

It was always funny to see her run straight for my moms garden bin to dig for worms whenever I would let them free range in the yard, tearing up all her plants. Aside from then she was always with her sister Mitzi, being the second boss of the flock.

1.png

Oh gosh, I am so sorry you lost her. :hugs Always heart wrenching when they pass. She knows how much you loved her, chickens are very receptive creatures. I am sure she will always be at your side in spirit when you visit the coop. ❤

Oh gosh, I am so sorry you lost her. :hugs Always heart wrenching when they pass. She knows how much you loved her, chickens are very receptive creatures. I am sure she will always be at your side in spirit when you visit the coop. ❤
Thank you (and sorry for the late reply) I actually saved all of their first eggs (shells), and I buried her with hers. It's been hard watching the small flock continue without one, it feels like I'm always missing one still

Thank you (and sorry for the late reply) I actually saved all of their first eggs (shells), and I buried her with hers. It's been hard watching the small flock continue without one, it feels like I'm always missing one still
It takes a long time to stop looking for them, and you never forget them either. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom