A turkey loves me!! LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dixiedoodle, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Well at least part of me!! Today, I visited a friend who has three white turkeys- they are production breeds for meat.. But they are her pets..very sweet, beautiful and showy... They follow her around like my puppies do.. Today, the largest male, kept walking behind me, following me everywhere I went... when I would stop ,he would get right next to me, open his tail and I swear his comb and wattle changed to deeper colors (red and blue)..and twice did a little dance for me.... I was loving it but she thought he was bothering me... Then she explained he was in love w/ my bright pink toenail polish...said he did the samet hing to her mom--she always has red... She is very sad because she will have to eat them. But he sure was sweet... Now, I might need a turkey or two...LOL

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's so cool! [​IMG]
    OH NOOOOOO! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    POOR LIL' OL' TURKEY!

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    She got them for breeding--fell in love w/ them, made them into pets and THEN she learned they would not breed and that they would die before they were a yr old... She was told they would have heart attacks... she is so sad..

4. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Awww...that is sad!!! They die of a heart attack? Hmmm...interesting.

5. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Dixiedoodle, you need to come over and see my 5 turkeys. They are a bunch of babies. They have tried to get in the car with me. I really love them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by