A very simple monthly question..... for those of you with at least a dozen or so female ducks...?

Kimmyh51

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2015
Why are they SO LOUD on a full moon?
E5719B36-263B-416A-B3D7-4BA06B0A6222.jpeg

Are they actually ‘wereducks’? 🧐🧐🧐

Mine are going nuts with the ‘loud and proud’ duck greeting calls tonight...

They have a full feeder of pellets, and plenty of chopped up veggies and fruit, so they ain’t hungry...

But every time I open the door..... or even cough
........(they can hear EVERYTHING...I tell ya...EVERYTHING.....)

A chorus of super loud 👂 greeting calls ensues...
It’s almost midnight and I hope the neighbours can’t hear as I suspect my explanation of “its a full moon, and sorry but I have no control over full moons’” will not suffice....

Who can explain this mysterious phenomenon?? 🤷 🤷‍♂️ 😐

I think it is the same phenomenon that causes students to be loud and obnoxious, our hospitals and mental facility increases in clients, and our police force has to increase their presence in the community. It’s a full moon. (Insert Twilight Zone sound)

I think it is the same phenomenon that causes students to be loud and obnoxious, our hospitals and mental facility increases in clients, and our police force has to increase their presence in the community. It’s a full moon. (Insert Twilight Zone sound)
Now in my head the ducks are all peer pressuring the gander (just cos he is the tallest so probably looks the oldest) to go into a local bottle store and buy them all alcohol... and hiding their keg whenever I go over there....!

Should I be waiting for the cops to show up and tell me to get my ducks to tone down their partying lol...

Are there any jokes that start with ‘duck/goose walks into a bar’..... lol 🦆😎😎

Seriously, I did hear somewhere that statistically speaking, emergency rooms apparently have more admissions on a full moon and more.....unusual.... admissions...
Ive no idea where I even heard it (was many years ago), much less if it is true..... is there anyone on the forums with E.R. experience who can comment on that?

#insert more twilight zone sounds here# <—warning: external link to well known 80s (or thereabouts) TV sci fi soundtrack!

Last edited:
Now in my head the ducks are all peer pressuring the gander (just cos he is the tallest so probably looks the oldest) to go into a local bottle store and buy them all alcohol... and hiding their keg whenever I go over there....!

Should I be waiting for the cops to show up and tell me to get my ducks to tone down their partying lol...

Are there any jokes that start with ‘duck/goose walks into a bar’..... lol 🦆😎😎

Seriously, I did hear somewhere that statistically speaking, emergency rooms apparently have more admissions on a full moon and more.....unusual.... admissions...
Ive no idea where I even heard it (was many years ago), much less if it is true..... is there anyone on the forums with E.R. experience who can comment on that?
#insert more twilight zone sounds here#
2432A84B-5C76-440F-AD2F-AF9823C240AC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom