A way to convince them?(Adding females)

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Before you read the post, I'm 23 but I do still live with my parents. Just telling you because a lot of people mistake me for being a teenager and not an adult. Just don't want any confusion on this.
My parents told me at the beginning of this year that I could only get 1-2 more females for our mini/2 duck flock. We currently have Colonel(1yr Drake), Duchess(1yr Duck), and Kaeda(8mth Duck). Kaeda is the female we got this year as a duckling. We did have a male duckling who the lady at the feed store accidentally gave me with Kaeda but he unfortunately passed away months ago.
Due to the fact that our feed store gets 100% sexed ducklings, I can buy female ducklings. I want to add another female to our flock but my parents already told me our limit for females. The only way I can keep another female, is if our ducks breed but I don't want to keep the female offspring.
I've tried to tell them why it's important to have more females in the duck flock but they're more concerned about the fact that we live in a neighborhood. If I do convince them, I can only buy 1 female duckling with a few baby chickens. I know people will tell me not to do that but that will be the only way they will let me buy another female.

Is there a way to convince my parents to let me buy another female in spring?

as long as the duckling will get put with the other ducks eventually, go ahead and buy her with the chicks
She will. I don't want her to think she's a chicken and not a duck.
Plus I'm hoping that since she'll be with the chicks for a bit, it'll make her like me unlike the rest of the ducks that think I'm the devil.

Back
Top Bottom