AAAWWWWW!!! I DIDNT KILL THEM!!!!

lightbread48

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Thomasville Ga
oh my gosh!! Im so happy!
jumpy.gif
my eggs hatched yesterday and today!5 of the 6 of the first bunch i put in hatched. im not so sure about the other 6 because of the staggered days. plus the chicks that hatched first rolled the other eggs all around in the bator. They were climbing and falling all over them. I had to put a brooder together today for the chicks bacause I was afraid they were going to burn their lil heads on the heating element. When they stood on top of the eggs they were tall enough to touch it. Its amazing how fast they gain strength to get around so good!

ANYWAY IM JUST GLAD THEY ARE FINALLY HERE! Ill post some pictures soon.

Congrats on the babies I have 26 eggs I just put in the hatching tray earlier. They are due to start hatching around wed. They are wiggling like crazy too.

whew! deep breath! im so glad they have hatched. . . the only thing is that 2 of my babies are acting like they cant stand up. Everytime they try to get up their legs slide out to the sides of them and they wind up on their bellies. I dont know what to do about it or if they will be ok. what do yall think?

Congrats on your new chicks.

What are your brooding them on? I know chicks can have a problem walking on slick surfaces like newspaper, paper towels do well for traction. If they don't get their legs under them soon, I would pop over to the raising chicks or medical boards here on BYC and look up spraddle leg. I am sure there are great pictures and clear instructions on how to hobble their legs so they can stand and correct the misplacement of their legs in their hip sockets. HTH

Give them time. They may need to sleep a full 8 hours off and on before they have the energy to try and actually walk or stand. Just keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom