Abandoned bird- chicken dumping is a thing apparently. Please help identifying!

How big is he @mlee2569 ? Is he very small or about standard chicken size? If small this is a good guess.
He's more slender than my partridge rock, but roughly the same size height wise. I'm not sure where he cam from, so he could have just been underfeed. Since I wasn't sure of breed I didn't know if that slender build was normal. My other roo's have been somewhat fatter, and usually slightly taller than the hens.

He's more slender than my partridge rock, but roughly the same size height wise. I'm  not sure where he cam from, so he could have just been underfeed. Since I wasn't sure of breed I didn't know if that slender build was normal. My other roo's have been somewhat fatter, and usually slightly taller than the hens. 

If he's the same height as a full grown partridge rock then he's not a bantam. Sounds like he's a standard OEG instead of a bantam. Bantam OEGs are tiny little things, nowhere near the size of a rock. Adult males weigh only 24 ounces.

Standard OEG males are more around five pounds, so that description much better matches your boy. They're not a large breed so he's probably more slender than what you're used to in other roosters.

Last edited:
Honestly all of my chickens have probably been fatter than normal- everytime I walk outside they run up to see what treat I have for them. I think my son 7, goes out 4 or 5 times a day just to give them pieces of bread crust and pet them. Bernice, my partridge rock is spoiled rotten. She even tries to hop in the car with us when we leave to go somewhere and comes to our back door and looks in at us. Shes a mess

American or Old English Game. Defiantly not a bantam though, way to big for a bantam game. Gorgeous boy, BB Red pattern.

Back
Top Bottom