Abandoned hens need a home in Florida.

Dana

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 10, 2007
New Hampshire
I haven't posted here in a long time, due to having to re-home my own chickens a few years ago.

I'm still not able to keep chickens, but it has come to my attention that there are two hens abandoned at a foreclosed home in Eustis, FL. Apparently there was also a rooster, but it seems that he might have been killed by predators.

The chickens are loose on the property, and my plan is to go to the house in the evening and catch them when they roost. I'm hoping to find someone that will give them a home, and won't eat them.

Please contact me if you live in Florida, and can give these chickens a home. The sooner, the better! They might not still be alive when I get there.

Eustis is near Orlando. I live in South FL, and I'm willing to consider anywhere in FL, but preferably on the east coast and not too much north of Eustis or south of Boca.

I would take them if you could ship
You would need to provide a USPS approved box (Horizon or similar) and pay for Express shipping. That could run $50-100.

The same is true for the other posts you have responded to, you would be responsible for box + shipping costs.

Last edited:
You would need to provide a USPS approved box (Horizon or similar) and pay for Express shipping. That could run $50-100.

The same is true for the other posts you have responded to, you would be responsible for box + shipping costs.

I already know keesmom!

hi there, if the other person can't take the hens, just let me know. I'm in Oviedo and can provide a great home with our other chickens. Thanks!

awe, thanks again! So wonderful meeting you both! Will keep you posted, can't wait to check on them in the AM!!! Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Back
Top Bottom