Abnormal air sac placement

philosophiexo

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2019
Lake Lure, North Carolina
Heller. This is day 10 of my first incubation and I noticed a couple of my eggs have air sacs sort of up the side of the egg instead of on the blunt end where they typically are. I’ve heard air sacs changed size over the incubation period but do they ever change location? Should I be concerned? Is there anything to be done or should I throw them out?

My eggs were shipped across country and I have a few air sacks that are detached. I read on here somewhere that they still have a chance, so they are in the incubator. I have an automatic egg turner in there, so I don't know what will happen to them, but I believe in giving them all a chance. I'm only on day 7, so not much to see yet. The sacks look like they have grown the right amount in the first week.

Good luck! I hope your hatch goes perfectly.

My eggs were shipped across country and I have a few air sacks that are detached. I read on here somewhere that they still have a chance, so they are in the incubator. I have an automatic egg turner in there, so I don't know what will happen to them, but I believe in giving them all a chance. I'm only on day 7, so not much to see yet. The sacks look like they have grown the right amount in the first week.

Good luck! I hope your hatch goes perfectly.
Thanks! I’ll keep them going and see what happens

The only air sacks on mine that are perfectly centered are the detached ones. I think they are supposed to be a little offset. All the photos and diagrams I see show them that way. I wouldn't worry too much about them. Are you hand turning?

Are they standing up in the turner or laying on the side?

Can you post a picture of one while candling it in a dark room?

I'm guessing, without seeing it, that it's nothing to worry about.
I would not toss them.

Back
Top Bottom