About a blue turkey baby

Punki13

Hatching
May 21, 2021
I have royal palms and chocolate turkeys and I had a blue turkey hatch and I don't know how I have a blue one

Well I can show the baby but I have no clue which egg it came from and I can't get pics of the adults yet

I'm thinking they came from the royal palms now

Attachments

• 20210521_124344.jpg
    20210521_124344.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210521_124224.jpg
    20210521_124224.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 4
It appears to have the face mask associated with the black color gene. If so that part came from the Chocolate turkeys since they are black based. The gray color could be due to the gray color gene (cg) which would have come from the Royal Palm.

The Slate gene is a dominant (D) gene and would have to be evident in one of the parents for it to be passed on.

My royal palms and chocolates aren't together so I'm kinda confused.. and r u saying that blue slate is in the background of one of them?

My royal palms and chocolates aren't together so I'm kinda confused.. and r u saying that blue slate is in the background of one of them?
No, I am saying that the only way they could be slates is if one of the parents has the dominant slate gene (D) which because it is dominant, it would be shown by the any turkey carrying the slate gene. It isn't a hidden recessive gene that can pop up under the right circumstances.

The gray color can also be caused the the gray color gene (cg) which is recessive and can end up being displayed in the right circumstances.

Oh ok.. I've hatched out 5 so far and 3 turned out to have the blue color, one is yellow and one is chocolate.. I think I have turkeys on eggs so if those hatch ill have to see what color they r

Back
Top Bottom