About sour crop- it will likely happen to you and here is a great article about it:

Iveta

Songster
May 4, 2021
I found this Sour crop article, which addresses the issues at vast. Relevant now due to hot weather making the crop spur that much easier. For probiotics and added electrolytes I get these small packs - not sure if u can drop a brand here - one side you have probiotics to add to the water; the other side is electrolytes. And beware to not over feed them especially in summer time:)

I found this Sour crop article, which addresses the issues at vast. Relevant now due to hot weather making the crop spur that much easier. For probiotics and added electrolytes I get these small packs - not sure if u can drop a brand here - one side you have probiotics to add to the water; the other side is electrolytes. And beware to not over feed them especially in summer time:)
I don't recommend holding your chicken upside down like this article suggests. Inducing a chicken to vomit can potentially lead to aspiration then a quick death.
I highly recommend going to the search area in the upper right of the page and get articles from Poultry experts that provide advice based on Veterinarian Evidence Based Practice. The article attached provided sources that can't be verified and a work cited reference isn't used with her statements.
The article is an easy read and can be used for a lay person wanting general information.
Thanks for the information though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom