absolutely devastated

Mar 1, 2021
I got home and went to put our 3 chickens away, only one came up to me. I looked around and saw a pile of feathers on the grass and Dolores my sweet new legbar very injured close by, I picked her up and found my new brahama Clovdr dead over our fence. they were still warm so must have interrupted the fox when coming down. brought Dolores up to the house and she died in my arms. absolutely devastated. will not be free ranging them again but making an extension on the coop. one sad chicken all alone at the minute

I see you are a fairly new member, :welcome :frow So sorry for your loss. I don't free range anymore either due to losses in the past from predators. I do have several game cameras up on my property and most nights see a predator on at least one of them. Here the predators roam mostly at night. I have had predators breach my pens both aerial and ground predators. Now my coops and pens have electric wires around them, good heavy duty netting covering the pens and concrete under the gates all due to losses from predators in the past. Good luck...

I got home and went to put our 3 chickens away, only one came up to me. I looked around and saw a pile of feathers on the grass and Dolores my sweet new legbar very injured close by, I picked her up and found my new brahama Clovdr dead over our fence. they were still warm so must have interrupted the fox when coming down. brought Dolores up to the house and she died in my arms. absolutely devastated. will not be free ranging them again but making an extension on the coop. one sad chicken all alone at the minute
I'm so sorry to hear this! 😭

Back
Top Bottom