Accepting what might be and pushing forward.....need advice on multiple concerns.

Thank you!! It says it that product is not available, but I will dig deeper into it. Maybe a different size or dosage is available. I appreciate you! ❤️😊
Fish Mox 250mg is oddly not currently available at Chewy either. Fish mox Forte 500mg is available, but those come in capsules. Since the dosage for chickens is 250mg, it's very inconvenient to try and halve the 500mg capsules. So shop around and get 250mg amoxycillin if you can find it.

I will post on here if I have any luck. My husband did find penicillin at a couple of Tractor Supply stores near us. (He didn't remember about the new laws either.) I wonder if they are just finishing what they have in stock?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929_222013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230929_222013_Chrome.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 1
It is also called Aqua Mox amoxicillin. There has been a national shortage of amoxicillin recently in the news, and it is hard even to get for humans.
I didn't realize that they were interchangeable, and I had meant to say Aqua-Mox. Good to know that they're the same when I am reading thru posts! Crazy about so many shortages all around.... 🤔 I haven't gotten to tractor supply yet to grab the penicillin. Alice seems to be the same. Ate some egg and her normal feed (blend from our local feed mill), plus she enjoyed some tomatoes and dandelion greens. I will make her a bit of oatmeal in a bit, but she was not at all interested in it yesterday. We did catch her drinking a few times from her poultry cell water mix.

Good afternoon! I had ordered the Aqua-mox yesterday, and I just noticed still haven't received a shipping confirmation. The company says, "One to three days shipping," and today I read further into it that they don't ship on Saturdays, so I may not receive the antibiotic until Wednesday. Unfortunately my hubby wasn't agreeable with getting more penicillin, so I am doing the best I can to keep Alice eating and drinking. The trick with putting rice in her water has been working (thank you, @TropicalChickies !), and I have rice, egg, and some other garden snacks in her poultry cell water mix. As soon as she has enough, she sits with her face towards a corner of the kennel. I then take her out to join the flock since that at least gets her up and moving around a bit. Praying Alice hangs in there so we can at least try the antibiotic. 🙏

Good afternoon! I had ordered the Aqua-mox yesterday, and I just noticed still haven't received a shipping confirmation. The company says, "One to three days shipping," and today I read further into it that they don't ship on Saturdays, so I may not receive the antibiotic until Wednesday. Unfortunately my hubby wasn't agreeable with getting more penicillin, so I am doing the best I can to keep Alice eating and drinking. The trick with putting rice in her water has been working (thank you, @TropicalChickies !), and I have rice, egg, and some other garden snacks in her poultry cell water mix. As soon as she has enough, she sits with her face towards a corner of the kennel. I then take her out to join the flock since that at least gets her up and moving around a bit. Praying Alice hangs in there so we can at least try the antibiotic. 🙏
I hope you get the aquamox sooner and it helps her. 💚

Alice is still hanging in there. I checked to see the status on my order, and as of 3:00, it hadn't even shipped yet! I contacted the company, and apparently they need a day to process the order, THEN it will be another 1-3 days shipping. The lady was kind enough to put it thru with a 2-day shipment with FedEx. Still waiting for tracking info. Alice is panting today, and her feet feel warm. I did find some of my hubby's expired amoxicillin. It is 500 mg, and I did my best to painstakingly divide it into two doses. 😬 She is still eating and drinking a bit here and there. I did not remember to start a new thread on her. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I will try to get it done before bed tonight.

Alice is still hanging in there. I checked to see the status on my order, and as of 3:00, it hadn't even shipped yet! I contacted the company, and apparently they need a day to process the order, THEN it will be another 1-3 days shipping. The lady was kind enough to put it thru with a 2-day shipment with FedEx. Still waiting for tracking info. Alice is panting today, and her feet feel warm. I did find some of my hubby's expired amoxicillin. It is 500 mg, and I did my best to painstakingly divide it into two doses. 😬 She is still eating and drinking a bit here and there. I did not remember to start a new thread on her. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I will try to get it done before bed tonight.
It's good you started her on the amoxicillin. Antibiotics are usually good for well past the expiration date (except not tetracyclines). I hope she gets better

Back
Top Bottom