Accidental Crossbreeding and Hybrids

For a better mental picture, there will be two or three feeders at all times in the coop, with two waterers, along with both a feeder and waterer in the mobile pen. The pen itself is maybe 8'-10' squared, by about six feet tall. The fencing is five foot high, but with the extra space there is a fencing roof nailed ontop to deter Hawks, and our cats. The coop is about 11'×11' and seven foot high with a slanted roof. The coop has one wooden wall and two half wood half wire, and the wire is further up to deter animals. The nesting boxes are against the all wood wall, and there is a 4'×4'×2' chick pen, which I will put in dividers once I have hens go broody. They have the rest of the coop to run around in, and their is a wooden ladder pushed up against one wall, which they LOVE at night. I currently have a couple of GLW older hens that a friend gave me, I will soon be placing an order for 17 chicks from Murray's McMurray Hatchery, 15 are No, 1 SLW and one mystery chick.

Wow that sounds like a great set up! Sorry i think its simply a misunderstanding and/or the words having different meanings. Was thinking you meant no food in there or a portable moving thing but sounds like yours is more a run? Sounds great though

Thr are only 8-10 birds in the coop, and I was only planning on having 4 or 5 in the mobile pen at once, I wasn't about to shove them all in at once lol

Back
Top Bottom