Ack! My bator blew on day 3!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mothersin2ition, Aug 7, 2010.

1. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    Currently I have all my eggs in a box with a brooder lamp on them, temp was down to 93 degrees, and up to an EXTREME of 122 for a very short time. Is there any hope? I want to run and get a new bator but I am wondering if theres any hope now [​IMG]

2. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Sure there is hope.. just try to stabilize the temp ,,,,

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    They will be fine i have had hens get on the wrong nest and leave their eggs over night and still got a great hatch from them.

4. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    oh good!!! I went and got a new bator, trying to stabilize temps now. [​IMG] that something survives all the drama lol.

5. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:Ditto. Get things up and running correctly as soon as you can and then candle in a few days or a week to see how things are going. We all obsess over getting things just right to get optimal hatch rates, but they are really remarkably resilient and I'd bet that you will still get chicks in spite of your problems.

ETA: Your hatch may be a bit early or late depending on how long them temps were high/low so be prepared for that. I've had it go both ways with healthy chicks/ducklings being the end result so be aware of the possibility and don't worry too much.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I have only a few eggs in my bator right now. Im in Wa. too and if you are somewhat close you can put them in my at no charge. I have room for 250 more. I just put the last of my eggs in last week. Im in Graham/Eatonville area and would be glad to help,
    Anna

7. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Quote:See here?? The world is still full of GOOD people! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by