ACK!!! Oh HOW OH HOW will I RESIST!!!! CHICK DAYS!!!!!! :P

gig.gif
I like the way you think! I shall start getting eggs! By the time this heated brooder gets empty I should be able to fill it back up
lol.png

Quote:
Oh no...... you MUST get a bator... and then you can hatch little fuzzybutts to your heart's content
big_smile.png

I have a new bator, hubby won't let me fill it right now
rant.gif

wonder if I should do it anyway and try to hide it
hide.gif

if I do where will I get some eggs.........

You can get some on here, or how I got my first hatching eggs was to email someone selling chickens or just eggs on craigslist and ask them if they are willing to sell fertile eggs.

I got a bunch of EE that way for $2 a dozen!!!! You should do a couple test hatches anyway before you hatch your favorites. Make sure you got the process down.

Nancy

"What quail, honey???"
idunno.gif
"I don't see any quail... and you say you see chickens that look like little Ostriches...hmmm... I think we better get you to the doctor."

lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
I have a new bator, hubby won't let me fill it right now
rant.gif

wonder if I should do it anyway and try to hide it
hide.gif

if I do where will I get some eggs.........

You can get some on here, or how I got my first hatching eggs was to email someone selling chickens or just eggs on craigslist and ask them if they are willing to sell fertile eggs.

I got a bunch of EE that way for $2 a dozen!!!! You should do a couple test hatches anyway before you hatch your favorites. Make sure you got the process down.

Nancy

AWSOME! Thanks for your suggestion! Now to look and see what breeds out there I need
tongue.png

Well I made it out of the feed store without chicks!
th.gif

They didnt really have any breeds left I was dying to get ... the chicks sure were cute though!
They got 400 in today and only had @50 left when I got there at 4pm! They mostly had
RIR's , a couple red laced Wyandotte's (sp?) that were really tempting, some leghorns, and
some Jersey giants. They had a schedule on the wall of what was coming in when! So who
knows maybe I'll go back, I wouldnt mind a silver laced or a buttercup. But I may just do some incubating instead... we'll see.

Nancy
smile.png

well I took care of my craving for more chicks, eggs are being shipped to me from another BYC member tomorrow, bator is being plugged in and I met another BYC member with eggs to chose from
celebrate.gif

now I feel pumped up and ready to incubate!!
lau.gif
Hubby won't like it
hide.gif

woot.gif
I know.... I wish they were a little more understanding.... I mean, I could take up drinking instead
tongue2.gif
He should be happy that my addiction is CHICKENS
bun.gif
bun.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom