ACK!@ She is laying in my garage!!! Why would she hide her eggs?

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
My EE just started laying Wednesday, the first egg was in the nestbox, but now she keeps jumping in the garage to lay her eggs. Today she laid one and stayed in the box covering her egg.

My husband said she may be trying to hide her eggs to hatch them. When I picked up the egg she didn't get mad, but she wasn't moving.

Do they normally hide eggs?

We do have an aggressive roo and a good sized turkey in our flock.

My husband built them a great tractor and there are 5 nestboxes to choose from. Every morning it's like she can't wait to get out of there to lay her egg. lol

She looks so sad I can't help but let her out. Besides that she free ranges all day.

u cenm 2 have the same problem as we did r chicken lays n r garage 2
D.gif
:bun

Quote:
You definitely get extra credit for great translation skills, but not spelling.
wink.png

I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, chickens pretty much lay wherever they feel most comfortable. If she's hiding her eggs, it's probably not from you, but from another perceived threat.

I have 3 pullets that lay in the hen house but one that lays on the work bench on top of some old rags in there. She used to lay in the hen house but we've been finding them in the garage for about a month now???

Quote:
You definitely get extra credit for great translation skills, but not spelling.
wink.png

I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, chickens pretty much lay wherever they feel most comfortable. If she's hiding her eggs, it's probably not from you, but from another perceived threat.

i was wondering how long it would take somebody to see that,,,,,i was LOL'N the whole time i looked at them red squigglies under it,, and hittin "submit" hehe
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom