ACV and Garlic question I have researched

If you live in NY and have a Hannaford nearby, they carry it. So does Wegman's.

It can be tricky to find in the store- ask for help, and be specific, the label is yellow and red. Do not substitute regular apple cider vinegar.

Ordering it by mail means paying steep delivery charges. Look around, and you'll find it in the grocery. Probably not with the other vinegars.

Hannfords is about an hr away,I can stop next time I am over that way, Ill have to check the local store haven't had a chance to get there yet.

I get Braggs and add it to the waterer everytime I refill, tbls per gallon. Helps keep the bacteria / parasite levels down in your chickens as well as the still water. Make sure though you use a plastic waterer as the vinegar will start to degrade the metal. I buy it at Stop and Shop in the organic section - or- you can buy a monster size 128oz on the Braggs website for $17.50, also explains the "mother".

Regular apple cider vinegar w/o the mother has no benefit because all of the good bacteria has been killed in the distilling process... think about it in terms of yogurt and probiotics.

I always use Braggs, even in our salad dressings, cooking, I actually take a teaspoon a day myself (have yet to get sick this winter - knocking on wood as I write this, lol
big_smile.png
)

Here is the link:

http://bragg.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Good stuff!

from the Braggs website:

Vinegar can do everything from relieving muscle pain from exercise, balancing pH levels, soothing sore throats, and normalizing weight and helping to maintain levels of cholesterol already in the normal range. Externally, it is effective in supporting healthy skin and hair. Use it topically to give yourself a vinegar facial for toning or clearing up non-cystic acne and exfoliating dry dull skin. Gently rub your skin with a soft cotton ball dipped in vinegar and watch your skin glow! It's also great for animals. Use it as a soothing after-bath rinse for cats and dogs to eliminate dry skin. Just as with people, it is also helpful in older animals. The high acidity and powerful enzymes in apple cider vinegar also supports a healthy scalp. Try a rinse of apple cider vinegar after you wash your hair. It gives hair incredible shine and bounce!
It's so easy to incorporate vinegar into your daily diet. When you wake up in the morning just make a delicious cocktail using 2 teaspoons of raw, organic apple cider vinegar, and if you need a sweetener, use organic honey, 100% maple syrup, or molasses to taste. If you are diabetic, use the sweet substitute stevia. I recommend you use only distilled water. This "Bragg Healthy Cocktail" is designed to flush out wastes that are clogging the organs of elimination, the bowels, lungs, skin, and the kidneys. Take it at least twice a day, and you will start to see changes like increased energy, soft skin, and decreased muscle and joint aches from exercise. Make sure you use raw, organic vinegar, never dead, distilled vinegar because the natural enzymes, minerals, and nutrients are destroyed in the distilling process. Any vinegar that is clear and has no "mother" (the strand-like substance in the bottom of the bottle) has no nutritional value. Natural raw vinegar should be pungent, with a rich, brownish color and a visible "mother." Drinking apple cider vinegar daily, and eating a largely fresh, organic, vegetarian diet, along with following a simple fitness program, will change your life so dramatically you will never go back to your old ways! Get fit, get healthy, and live a long and happy life!

I don't know if ACV will really do everything the Bragg's website says it will, but I do know that when I put a little on a mosquito bite, it stops itching. It's also stupid easy to make yourself. Either get raw apple juice or reconstitute some frozen. Pasteurized bottled juice will not work but frozen will. Glug a good bit of braggs in there and let it sit a month with a coffee filter over the top in the cabinet. Viola, ACV. There's more to the hows and whys but that's the condensed version. I make a 1/2 to 1 gallon a month, depending on how much I'll need.

I found some at Wegmans, and since I have a cold, I made myself a glass of water with the ACV and honey. I could be just suggestible, but I felt better! Had been asking myself what people did before decongestants were created, maybe they used vinegar.

It's Apple Cider Vinegar. Yep those initials drive me nuts really but when "everyone" is typing the same thing we always seem to assume "everyone" knows what we're talking about. lol.

Back
Top Bottom