Add chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kristin228, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Kristin228

Kristin228 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    I was thinking about adding 2 more chicks to my flock. I have a 10 day old chick and a 4 day old chick. One is a Buff Orpington and one is a Easter Egger. Is that okay or is that a bad idea?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Techinically it shouldn't be a problem, but you'd need to give more information about your flock and space if you want better advice.

What does your current flock look like? How many chickens, what ages, what breeds? What breeds are you considering adding to your flock?
    How big is your coop and run space? Will there be enough room for two more chickens once they're grown? If your current flock consists of adult birds, do you have space to keep the chicks seperated until they're ready to be integrated?

I hope this helps.

3. Kristin228

Mar 13, 2017
    I just put how many, breed, and how old my current ones are on the original post. I do have enough space too[​IMG] Thank you, your comment was very helpful[​IMG]

4. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Great! As all your chicks are so young, adding a couple more won't be problem. I asked for the breed because if you tried to add some bantams to a flock of standard size birds you might have problems. But because they're all chicks now and of similar sized breeds that's all good. You can never have too many chickens, as long as you have space [​IMG] Chickens are addictive [​IMG]

Best wishes for your new flock, and enjoy the little chicks, they grow so fast [​IMG]

5. Kristin228

Mar 13, 2017
    Okay thanks!!! Haha so true I was only gonna have 3 but that's turned into 6[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by