add-on questions

rainbowgardens

Songster
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
Central Virginia
I know, I know,
Everybody always says to build a bigger coop than you think you'll need because you always want more chickens.
Well, I'm getting more and will be buiding an extention.
My question is...
Can I have roosts and nests in each room of my coop or would it be better to have one room dedicated to roosts and the other for the nests and food/water?

You can do it either way. I would probaly put roosts in both rooms, to try and keep from over crowding. But you know how chickens are, they may all decide they want the same room.
smile.png

If you're going to keep the chickens all together as one big flock, I'd suggest all the feed/water in one room, and all the roosts in the other.

For one thing, that enables you to have fewer larger waterer/feeder setups (less to buy, less aggravation).

You could always try it the other way, but be prepared to switch if thye all wanna roost together which is quite likely.

Have fun,

Pat

I would have something of everything in every room so that way if one gets run out of one place they can find it in another less stressful place. There are always bullies and they will know who the weaker ones are.

Back
Top Bottom