Added a digital temperature controller to a Farm Innovators circulated fan incubator

Nadeerah

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Staten Island, NY
I just wanted to share a cool find with you all. I was going nuts dealing with temperature swings in my incubator. I found a digital temperature controller on Ebay for $7 and free shipping. With the help of Rush Lane Poultry and DH, we hooked it up and it works like a charm.

I have it set at 37.5 C. It turns the heater on at 37.5 C and shuts off at 38.0 C. Has been stable since friday with no spikes or drops in temperature.

Gonna go pick up some quail eggs today from stormseeker and test this out.

Keep us post on if this works or not. Looks like it would be great to add to the cheaper incubators and saving $$ is always good!

Yes it is. I think it would also be great for diy incubators like the coolerbators that I have been admiring.

I got 18 eggs from stormseeker and put in 7 of my own in.
fl.gif
for chicks in 18 days!

1egg was a dud. It seemed light weight and empty. I cracked it open and it was a dried up yoke inside. It must have had a small crack in it.

I put the eggs on lockdown today!

Last edited:
I have the same incubator, and I've NEVER seen the thermometer on mine at 99 degrees. Thinking about searching for a digital temperature controller for mine. I'll check back in a couple of days to see how things went.
James

Back
Top Bottom