Addiction: Part 2!

JenniferJoIN

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2007
Southern Indiana
So on Friday, I decided to take the long route and go to the feed store thad had the baby chickens. Granted, I could've stopped at the place close to work, but come on, they didn't have any chicks!

So I got there and I walked straight to the baby chicks and... they were 50% OFF!!
ep.gif
So I frantically called DB and waited for him to call me back. The sales lady asked if I wanted some chickens and I smiled and said "Maybe!" So I did the shopping I needed to do, then I stood next to the chickens waiting for DB to call me back. He finally did and he agreed to one more chick! So I picked out a unique-looking Americauna and brought her home. So now I'm up to 14 chicks!
yippiechickie.gif

When I got her home, I was worried about how the others would treat her (even though they're all 3 weeks old) so I let the others play outside while the newbie rested. I watched them closely to make sure no one was picking on her and that she was eating okay. And now 6 days later, she's eating more than any of the rest of them and scratching around like everyone else!

We also moved the chicks into their coop to give them more room. I'll post pictures up tomorrow of the new coop (aka, a big room in the garage), the new addiction... I mean addition, and update pictures of the original 13. It's crazy that you can be so excited about 1 gosh darn chick!!
wee.gif

I went to the feed store today...they have guinies(sp) Lavender.....just about $4.00 a piece!! My son dragged me away from the pens....saying.." Mom, Dad will be SO MAD if you come home with them" He is right...I have to watie till spring....right??

They had about 20 Americaunas left and like two cages of guineas! Granted, the 50% off only meant we saved a dollar, but I knew that that would get him! They still had like 25 cornish x's.

When we went back on Sunday though, all the chicks were gone! I guess other people got excited about the 50% off too!

I was amazed how quick those cornish x's grow. They're the same age as my chicks and they were a good twice as big!
ep.gif

Chickens cheap???????? Let's see, $400.00 spent so far for coop and run, food etc- $$$ per chicken per year of feed.
Reminds me of someone reminding me that there's no such thing as a cheap horse.

You are strong, I would have said "bag them up" LOL, 50% off.. thats not a deal but a steal!!! YEP, you are stronger than I!!!
tongue.png

Addiction!?! Nay, nay my young one. You can't be active in your addicted if you called your "sponsor". You should of had an enabler with you to help feed your addiction. :aww
Oh by the way, I'm Marye and I'm a chickenaholic. Welcome. You won't find much support for any sort of recovery. We are all too active in our addictions, but we'll be glad to enable you.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom