Addiction Part 3!

JenniferJoIN

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2007
Southern Indiana
So to replace the 1 chick that we lost, I ordered 10 more from Ideal!
love.gif

I got 5 Americauna pullets (EEs) and 5 random pullets. DB says "Okay, but after this, that's IT!" Maybe I did overdo it a little since we'll have 23 chickens when the newest additions get here.

They ship out next week!

wee.gif

replacing 1 with 10!!!! i like that math!!!! hee hee!

sigh - we've got our 4, and i really don't think we have room for any more, but i can definitely see myself as a crazy chicken lady later on in life....... not yet though - coop's not big enough and there are too many living breathing things in our house right now! 5 people, 4 chicks, 3 big dogs and 2 cats!

wanna see pics of yer babies when they come, though!!!!

have fun deciding what the mystery pullets are!
big_smile.png

I think DB thought my math was kind of messed up too! hee hee.

I will definitely post pictures. I ordered them yesterday, maybe I should've waited and adopted some of Deb's rescues!

Well at that rate, I have 5 to replace, which would become..... a lot!!

I'm holding back, telling myself to wait until Spring so I can get what I really want. Will it happen?

Your situation and actions got me thinking. I have had a blast raising these little peeps, so much so that I could do it almost year round. Perhaps, I could raise them to about 4-5 months and then sell them to people looking for layers ready to go. Not for the money, but for the enjoyment of bringing them up during some of their most tender, precious, and fun days. If I Get just enough money for them to buy more and a little feed, my DW shouldn't throw too much of a fuss.
big_smile.png

That's not a bad idea... before the 10, I was trying to convince DB that I could order 25 and sell the rest. He didn't fall... I mean, go, for that though!

I just hope that I don't get the chick-itch again in the spring!!
fl.gif

Patience, by the way, is NOT my best virtue!

Last edited:
He loves them... he is just the more sensible one when it comes to me and animals! We're renting a place right now, but when we get our own farm, all limits on my animals go right out the window!! *Evil Laugh*

Yea, this is my first experience with chicks, and I could do it again and again. I just spent 2 weeks getting my coop and run finished, and DH actually did all my chores while I was out back with all his prized tools.
Raymond, Your DW shouldn't mind, alot of married women would gladly trade their DH's hobby for yours.

Back
Top Bottom